Role and Responsibilities
The Karma and Luck inventory control manager is responsible for the accuracy, Integrity, and security of all Inventory including Merchandise, Packaging, and Supplies. You will be responsible for the accuracy of all inbound inventory, outbound inventory, DC inventory and Store inventory. You will be responsible for physical inventories, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Receiving, inventory Transfers, Inventory Adjustments, Replenishment, Online Store Fulfillment, and Wholesale inventory movements. Additionally, auditing all current procedures to improve and develop core competencies in line with industry standards. Additionally, you will be a key team member in the search, selection and implementation of a new WMS.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the inbound side of the house including the receipt of all merchandise Purchase Orders as well as Packaging and Supply Procurement orders, insuring accuracy in received quantities, proper packaging, labeling, materials handling and storage once receiving is complete.
- Managing the outbound side of the house including the transfer of product to our retail stores, Amazon, Wholesale Customers, and Fulfillment of all Online Orders.
- Manage the internal disposition of all inventory including proper storage location assignment and internal movement of inventory.
- Picking, storing, and staging new store inventory ahead of the shipment dates for the inventory to the new store, coordinating with both the planning and new store teams.
- Develop, implement and manage an inbound and outbound auditing processes that ensure the accuracy and integrity of all inventory movements with respect to quantities, packaging, proper paperwork.
- Responsible for leading all physical inventories including bi-annual full counts at the DC and stores as well as all regular cycle counts.
- Develop, maintain, and publish a calendar and Monday’s project for all scheduled inventories.
- All physical inventories of the DC and Stores to be published and communicated on a monthly basis in general and weekly once we are inside a 4-week window of the next physical inventory.
- All Physical Inventories must be scheduled 6 months in advance of the Inventory date.
- Responsible for ensuring the DC and Stores have all the human resources and material supplies needed to successfully stage a Physical Inventory.
- Audit, develop, implement, and document a new physical inventory process that ensures an accurate accounting of our inventory from both an inventory quantity and valuation perspective. This entails two separate inventory procedures, one for the DC and one for the Stores.
- Audit, develop, implement, and document a new cycle-count process that ensures an accurate accounting of our inventory from both an inventory quantity and valuation perspective. This entails two separate inventory procedures, one for the DC and one for the Stores.
- Audit, develop, implement, and document a standardized report for all physical inventories including actual results compared to goals and prior physical inventories for accurate counts and inventory evaluation.
- Responsible for developing, writing, publishing, updating SOP’s for all inventory handling activities at the DC and Stores.
- Responsible for training all new DC and Store Manager staff on all inventory procedures they are responsible for.
- Responsible for processing damages from the DC and Stores making all inventory adjustments as necessary.
- Responsible for developing inventory valuation and accuracy reports.
- Responsible for proactively communicating all inventory issues to the appropriate leaders within the company.
- Occasional travel to stores to audit their adherence to standard practices and procedures during physical inventory.
- Operations- employs continuous improvement methodologies to increase operational efficiencies and inventory control.
- Strategy- Develops and implements overall best in class strategy for storerooms, material storage and central distribution centers. Develops short- and long-term strategies for all material management and storage needs.
- Internal Collaboration- Collaborates with other leaders to ensure overall program management strategy is aligned with company strategy and meets business requirements for T&D Operations.
- Functional Leadership- Exercises comprehensive functional and industry knowledge in specialized areas. Identifies and resolves complex multidimensional business problems. Mentor and develop team through development planning and performance management.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Computer literate with advanced familiarity with MS Excel.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to foster positive relationships with all internal and external personnel.
- Results oriented with the ability to accomplish work in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work unsupervised on assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the areas of process improvement and problem solving.
- Highly developed organizational skills – able to handle multiple high priority tasks/projects concurrently.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 years progressive experience in retail warehouse management.
- Strong understanding of inventory management principles, Inventory management software or ERP systems
- Experience with Shopify and Shipstation a plus.
- Experience interacting with 3PLs, drivers, manufacturers, suppliers, and service vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to lead effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals
- Highly functional in resolving practical problems
- Performs well under stress, despite numerous interruptions with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers