Celebrating Your Single Fabulous Self
So we know that February 15th is officially "Singles Awareness Day." But did you know a guy invented it? His name is Dustin Barnes, and in 2001 he was fed up with Valentine's day and decided he was going to celebrate being single and not feel bad about it.
Every year, without fail, this day would gain massive appeal and momentum, and in 2005, when he copyrighted the name, it had become a sensation, and here we are today.
While it was primarily popular amongst college students, eventually, adults grasped the notion of celebrating their singleness with friends and family, partying, and exchanging gifts. The core concept of "Singles Awareness Day" is to let you know that you're not alone. In fact, over 50% of the American population is single, and you should express yourself in all of your singledom and have a great time without feeling lonely or bad about yourself.
Eventually, Dustin met his soulmate at a singles church event, and hopefuls everywhere came to understand that you could meet your significant other when you celebrate being single on "Single Awareness Day" and not sit at home alone. Alas, this day is still thriving amongst singles in the United States.
What a beautiful and fantastic story and cause for celebration. On this and every Singles Awareness Day subsequently, you can take the opportunity to treat yourself and others with love and kindness. But shouldn't that day continue with truly embracing your single soul and enlightening yourself spiritually and emotionally with self-love and self-care?
The answer is YES.
Did you know that Valentine's Day is about celebrating love in other countries, not just with gifts? For instance, Valentine's Day is not limited to flowers, chocolates, and dates in Denmark. Instead, friends, lovers, and families exchange handmade cards with pressed white flowers called snowdrops.
What a beautiful way to let someone know how much they mean to you. Especially if you have besties and BFFs, who are always there for you, this tradition reminds us that it is unnecessary to have a lover to celebrate love.
Many small touches and nuances of love will please those who receive them:
- Send a card to your relatives who live far away telling them how much you love them.
- Make a phone call and share some love with someone you know could use the company.
- Give flowers to your mom and/or family member who has always been there for you.
- Put together a lovely dinner party and celebrate love with good company.
- Share something as simple yet so meaningful as a Karma and Luck keychain or wall blessing, with gorgeous gemstones that will remind them that they are unique and loved every day.
Spread The Love
Being single means, you have a lot of love to share. But, in all probability, there are single, widowed and divorced people that are likely to be sad and could use a boost. So, on February 15, 16, or any day for that matter, bring a handmade card and some chocolate to someone you know is alone. For those whom you know on social media, send them a GIF of love.
Gift Yourself; You're Worth It
For many, Valentine's day tends to be a downer and, in some cases, reasonably depressing because of feeling excluded from receiving a card or a gift and celebrating with that someone special? However, while having a love to share this day with is nice, you are more than enough.
In fact, there is a famous and beautiful Buddhist quote "You yourself as much as anybody in the entire Universe deserve your love and affection."
YOU can celebrate your single self with a meaningful gift that could fulfill your spiritual soul, which is quite powerful when it comes to manifesting.
- Jewelry is always the perfect self-gifting idea. If you want to fully immerse yourself into an authentic collection dedicated to love and compassion, look no further than our Love & Harmony Collection. Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Pearl, and Garnet are the perfect "love" stones.
- A Rose Quartz Feng Shui Tree Of Life is a daily reminder that you are loved. Perfect in the bedroom or close by in the living room, where you can feel its positive vibrations.
- One of the best gifts you can bestow upon yourself, almost a must really, is from our Zodiac Constellation Collection, and Birthstone. Celebrating your birth is a powerful reminder that you are unique and truly loved by the Universe.
Spiritual Singles Celebrate
Honoring "Singles Awareness Day" on February 15th is so cool. However, suppose you are searching for something deeper and wish to create connections and find that significant other.
In that case, embracing and honoring your single self and expanding your consciousness by accepting and enjoying yourself is the way to go while sharing this experience with other singles. How?
Host a singles "manifestation" dinner party with your singles friends and celebrate the possibilities of love coming your way. So what does that look like?
- A vision board "love" party. Have everyone bring magazines while you supply the white cardboard, glue, and tape. Perhaps a potluck.
- Meditation and "love" chant get together. Nothing is more potent in calling the Universe into action than meditating and chanting. Gift yourself and your company with our Love & Harmony - Raw Rose Quartz Stone. Holding the gemstone near your heart during these fun and amazing rituals is quite effective.
- Dinner and "love" journal gifting. Whether you offer the journals as a gift or cook a lovely dinner and hand out notebooks and pens, it is the thought (literally) that counts. See below for "soulmate manifestation."
The possibilities are endless. Just tap into your "love" creativity and be the host with the most.
Single Self Soul Food
Self-love is the ability to love ourselves unconditionally. Most of us know this, but do we apply it every day? Be nice to yourself by talking nice to yourself, and between this Valentine's Day and Singles Awareness Day and the next, keep these mantras close to you and share them with your single friends and family.
- You do you; no one is better at it than you.
- Get moving' with an attitude of gratitude.
- Speak your truth, and don't do what you don't want to do.
- Focus on what you can change and change it.
- Do what makes you happy; you know what that is already.
- Celebrate the small stuff. Write down three things you did well at the end of each day.
- Be a pal and give back to your community.
- Feed your soul. Only your soul knows what nutrition it needs.
Self-Care For The Single Fabulous You
Self-care is the ability to nurture ourselves and understand that we were created and brought into this world to be good to ourselves first and everyone else after.
See what resonates with you below and begin your self-care rituals a few at a time and grow week after week in your practices. It will positively impact your daily routines. Karma and Luck created specific intentions with their gemstones to help you achieve your spiritual practices. Grab a few single besties and have them join you in celebrating these self-care rituals together. Who knows, eventually it may turn into a party.
🙏 Explore chanting.
🙏 Practice your mantras every day.
🙏 Practice affirmative healing.
🙏 Spend time in nature.
🙏 Nurture your body.
🙏 Exercise more.
🙏 Connect with like-minds.
🙏 Sit in silence.
🙏 Learn about spirituality.
There are a lot of outstanding advantages to being single, and we've covered quite a few ways to celebrate and embrace joy with other single friends and family. If, however, you are looking for love, then click below to read our article on "7 Excellent Self Realization Exercises To Manifesting Your Soulmate."
When we open ourselves to love, the Universe blesses us with love in abundance. Known as the stones of love, Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Pearl, Ruby, and Garnet, are powerful crystals for anyone seeking to bring more love, balance, intuition, and so much more into their life. They carry soft feminine energy of compassion and peace, tenderness and healing, nourishment and comfort.
- Rose Quartz Stone: Unconditional love, Friendship, Compassion, Forgiveness.
- Freshwater Pearl Stones: Beauty, Intuition, Imagination, Foresight.
- Moonstone: Divinity, Balance, Tenderness.
- Ruby Stones: High self-esteem, Intuition, Spiritual wisdom.
The Heart Chakra: governs one's senses of trust, fearlessness, peace, generosity, gratitude, and connectedness, as well as change and transformation, healthy boundaries, depth in relationships with others, emotional control, and love for oneself. So, let's make sure you take good care of your heart with an abundance of love.