Ah, February, the month of love. First, we celebrate Valentine's Day, now also Galentine's day, Single Awareness Day, and National Love Your Pet Day. You can literally feel the "love vibes" permeating through the air.
Most of us know how to go about the first three holidays, but a pet holiday can be a bit trickier. After all, don't we love our babies every day, all day? All of us at Karma and Luck sure do. Our CEO brings his pupper to work and has even devoted an entire Karma Pet Collection line to keep your fur babies protected and blessed. There sure is a lot of love in this company for pets, so naturally, when "National Love Your Pet Day" comes around, we want to be a part of your loving pet-induced world too.
While so many other excellent articles show us how we can offer our fur babies and buddies extra attention on this day, we're going to take a bit of a different approach. After all, we are a spiritually based company, so spreading good karma to you and your most loved pet is only natural.
Here are some SPAW-RITUAL ideas:
To honor our babies, let's have a party.
- Buy your pet(s) a few of their favorite toys to either bring along or present them early in the morning as a gift. It will make them sooo happy.
- Send an invite to all of your friends and family and tell them to bring their furry best friends and celebrate the day together. If you have a yard, perfect; if not, hopefully, there is a dog park nearby. Your pooch will thank you wholeheartedly for being able to hang with friends.
- Another perfect idea may be to take your pup to a dog park on your own if friends aren't able to make it. OR, take a super-duper long walk and let them sniff away. It gives them endorphins, and they will feel great.
BAKE SOME GOODIES
Bake this delicious, super easy vegan doggie biscuit recipe. It will be a sure hit. Then, if you don't have time, grab some healthy treats from the store or an all-time favorite, a Puppuccino from Starbucks, which is just whipped cream, and they love it. (Please make sure your pups can tolerate some of these food ideas first).
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1 1/3 cups oat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine: Add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, flax meal, and cinnamon (if you're using it) into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Process: Add in the oat flour and process until a dough forms.
- Cut: Lightly flour a cutting board and roll out the dough (around 1/4 inch thick). Use cookie cutters to cut as many pieces as possible and place them onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake: Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack and then store in the fridge for one week or freezer for two months.
While most dogs and especially cats hate bathtime, we have some fantastic ideas on how to give your pup (cats at your own risk) some extra loving that doesn't involve water.
Give your pupper a relaxing massage and have some cucumbers and/or apples sliced up into small pieces as a treat (please make sure your pet can tolerate these food items), put on some relaxing music, and get on their level on the floor. Invite your pup to come to sit beside you, and hopefully, you can get them to relax and lay down. Let the pawliday massage begin.
- The American Kennel Club recommends:
- Step 1: Pick a quiet part of the house for the massage to help your dog feel calm. Do not try to massage if your pet is overly fearful. First, softly stroke the area of interest. Use flat palms to press against the skin lightly. Move your hands slowly using long, sweeping motions. While massaging, take note of any swelling, increased sensitivity, and pain. Stop if it seems to hurt your dog.
- Step 2: Using the technique described above, start from the head and neck, and work down the body, gently increasing pressure if your dog seems to be enjoying it. Do not press straight down on bones or joints. Avoid areas where your dog doesn't like to be touched.
- Step 3: A gentle massage at the base of the skull and the base of the tail can stimulate relaxation. Remember to make the experience enjoyable for him—stop if your dog recoils, cries out, or seems to be in pain.
After the massage is done, relax for a bit and keep petting your fur baby and shower them with a little more love and affection. If you both need a nap, so be it.
There is nothing cuter than adorning your best friend with a cute outfit. We have some adorable bandanas you should check out. Now it's time to give them the green carpet treatment in the grass or indoors if need be and take a lot of pictures and celebrate their cuteness on social media.
While they probably won't care two hoots, we love it, and they will love the attention you're giving them. Get that cooing soft gooey voice they love so much, and encourage them to dance around with you. The trick is to let them have a lot of fun and catch them in their natural state. Let goofiness central commence.
Perhaps even encourage your friends and family to share their CPAWLEBRITY photos and have a contest on social media.
We are all so happy when it comes to our animals at Karma and Luck that we jumped for joy when our CEO, Vladi Bergman, told us he was creating a spiritual pet collection to keep our loves protected and fashionable at the same time. But he is brilliant that way. We love to buy jewelry and clothes for ourselves, and what a fantastic way to celebrate your pet all year than with beautiful spiritually lifting charms.
What is your favorite? Hamsa, Evil Eye, OHM, and/or Infinity Symbol? Our adorable bandanas (perfect for your CPAWLEBRITY photoshoot) and collars adorned with gemstones are unique and quite 'charm'ing. He even put together a Woman's (Genuine Love - Women's Best Friend Pet Bundle) and Men's (Utmost Care - Men's Best Friend Pet Bundle) paired with our popular Karma Red String bracelet for you to match your fur babies dog or cat tag to a tee. Now that's pawsome. 🐾
DONATE TO PET CHARITIES
While we provide so much love and luxury to our pets, many are not as fortunate. So donating money, food, clothing, or anything you can to your local shelter or rescue organization, is not only generous and kind, but it is perfect karma.
If you missed this article on "National Love Your Pet Day," have no worries; your fur baby won't miss a beat when you make it up to them. We are sending you positive and happy vibes.