"If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito." ~Dalai Lama
While none of us wish to be compared to a mosquito (although that quote is hysterical and so accurate), many of us understand the enormity of how big this world is and how small we are in the scheme of everything. But in truth, we are not. All life, all energy both animate and inanimate, have a place in this vast Universe. We are all here for a reason and a purpose.
Learning to tap into that reason and making the most of it is the challenge we are all born into and have to figure out as we grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and especially spiritually. We must elevate our conscious energy, in order to give us access to actual change.
- Did you know: 50 to 70 % of our oxygen comes from the ocean... The ocean regulates our climate, absorbs carbon dioxide, holds 97% of Earth's water, and supports the most incredible abundance of life on our planet.
- Did you also know: Mosquitos play a crucial role in many ecosystems, according to National Geographic. Male mosquitoes eat nectar and, in the process, pollinate all manner of plants.
From the vastness of the oceans to a teeny, tiny, and highly irritating mosquito, everything on this planet plays a role in our survival and has a purpose. So, the question herein is: What is your essential part on this planet, and are you playing it in a small way or a big way?
The sheer beauty of why our CEO created Karma and Luck is so that we may be able to explore with specific intentions around fortune, health and balance, happiness, protection, strength and stability, love and loyalty, and so much more through the power of crystals and gemstones.
Wearing them allows you to safely tap into your truth and genuinely begin to open up to manifesting all of your desires as the negativity begins to fade away.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world." ~Marianna Williamson
The Power Of The Word "Self"
Self-talk is the ability to talk to ourselves positively with love and respect every single day. Beginning with:
- I deserve to love, to be loved, and give love.
- I trust myself implicitly.
- I control my life, wants, needs and desires.
- I am successful in what I wish to accomplish.
- I can choose who to trust because I, too, am trustworthy.
- I was created; therefore, I belong here.
- I can feel all of my feelings without making excuses or feeling bad.
- I can think and feel at the same time; I have that superpower.
- I am not afraid to initiate growth and learn.
- I can think and speak for myself in all things that concern me.
- My needs and wants are just as important as those around me.
- I can be powerful and ask for help at the same time, and I am not afraid to put myself out there.
- I am creative, competent, productive, and joyful.
- I trust my inner wisdom because that is also the intuition that I was born to understand.
Self-rejection is the ability to understand the complexity of our humanness and constantly to reject self-love, cowering from potential and possibilities of being truly happy. But that won't do, will it?
- Make it a habit to write down positive affirmations about yourself every single day.
- Change Your Inner Monologue from "I Can't" to "I Can."
- Focus on building more positive relationships, avoid negative ones and break up with those who are a dark cloud of negativity among your rising sun.
- Give yourself a much, much, much-needed break.
- Don't beat yourself up when you don't achieve something. Make a plan; it works.
- Bye-bye critical self-talk. STOP! You know when you're doing it.
- Say NO, and if that difficult, then say "NO, but thank you for the offer."
- Exercise and take up strength training. Stronger body, stronger mind.
- Learn to take on challenges that scare you (not bungee jumping, unless you want to) and educate yourself on how it all works.
The only person stopping you from achieving is yourself. Now, that's moot.
Self-love is the ability to love ourselves unconditionally and understand that we will make mistakes and love ourselves anyway. We will deal with rejection and love ourselves anyway and fall in and out of relationships, and love ourselves anyway.
- Be nice to yourself by talking nice to yourself.
- You do you; no one is better at it than you.
- Get moving' with an attitude of gratitude.
- Speak your truth, and don't do what you don't want to do.
- Remember that everyone makes mistakes, even billionaires.
- Focus on what you can change and change it.
- Do what makes you happy; you know what that is already.
- Celebrate the small stuff. Writing down three things you did well at the end of each day.
- Be a pal and give back to your community.
- Feed your soul. Only your soul knows what nutrition it needs.
Self-respect is the ability to treat ourselves with the utmost respect by taking care of our mind, body, and soul. No matter what adversity we face or with whom. "I will remind myself that"
- I am unique, and there is no other out there like me. I embrace that.
- I am worthy of happiness and success.
- I deserve to be well paid.
- I know the value of my work, time, and energy.
- I am beautiful and powerful, and I believe in myself.
- I am optimistic, graceful, and can achieve any dream I set for myself.
- I understand that nothing is impossible.
- My voice is essential. People want to listen and value what I say.
- I respect myself and treat myself well.
- I look up to myself so that others can look up to me too.
- I understand that in respecting others, they too shall respect me.
Self-esteem is the ability to respect your worth at all times and at all costs. To pick yourself up, hold your head high and try again with confidence when you fail, and be humble and happy when you succeed.
If you want to build your Self-esteem, do esteemable things.
- Never compare yourself to other people unless they can teach you something valuable, and even then, understand your self-worth.
- Identify your strengths and areas for opportunity.
- Understand that change is inevitable and be open. The sooner you grasp this concept and embrace it, the sooner you can move forward in the direction you so desire.
- Be honest in being realistic and know the value of hard work vs. expectation. Life is a learning curve with extraordinary opportunities and experiences. Don't expect miracles overnight, but expect miracles.
- Surround yourself with a support system that allows you to be yourself yet can push you to the next level, both personally and professionally.
- Stay positive on your course, no matter what happens—especially when you feel like giving up, or someone hurts you. You've got this.
- Don't fall down the social media rabbit hole. It's not real, and comparing yourself to a socialite model, will not garner you the results. Unless you're vying for the make-up tutorial, then have at it.
- Figure out what you love and do it even if it scares you, especially if you don't understand it. That which is innate is the Universes way of say "go for it."
- Be in the now, now! Planning for the future is incredible; being in the now while you're reaching for it is even better. Don't miss today, expecting happiness tomorrow. Be here now.
- Yep, that's right. Talk about your feelings. Find someone(s) trustworthy enough to sit and listen to you about how you're feeling and understand where you're coming from. Then find a solution.
Self-care is the ability to nurture ourselves and understand that we were created and brought into this world to be good to ourselves first and everyone else after. Never forget what they tell you on an airplane. Always put the oxygen mask on yourself first so that you can save others.
As with everything in life, see what resonates with you below and begin your self-care rituals a few at a time and grow week after week in your practices. It will impact your daily routines in a positive way. Karma and Luck has created specific intentions with their gemstones that can help you achieve your spiritual practices.
🙏 Practice meditation.
🙏 Explore chanting.
🙏 Practice your mantras every day.
🙏 Practice affirmative healing.
🙏 Spend time in nature.
🙏 Nurture your body.
🙏 Exercise more.
🙏 Cleanse your space often.
🙏 Practice yoga.
🙏 Connect with like-minds.
🙏 Sit in silence.
🙏 Journal and often.
🙏 Learn about spirituality.
"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions; Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Self-confidence is the ability to wholeheartedly trust in your powers and skills with the belief that you can do it, come hell or high water, and if you fail, tap into your self-esteem and do it until you succeed. Know what you know, and from what you don't know, you will grow.
There are enough affirmations in this article above that are conducive to building your self-confidence, but in truth, the best way is to journal your thoughts and fears. When you recognize them and are truthful with yourself, you can do something about them.
In the meantime, as you conquer and master the world because it is your God-given right, recite and write affirmations and put them where you can see them every day.
Self-kindness is the ability to be kind and gentle with ourselves. Grow in our self-compassion and walk through this life understanding that berating oneself is not OK and stroking our hurt with love and infinite affection is definitely OK.
- Practice Forgiveness. Stop punishing yourself for your mistakes.
- Begin each day with a spiritual Growth Mindset.
- Express Gratitude.
- Find the Right Level of Generosity toward others and yourself.
- Be Mindful of everything you say and think about yourself.
"If you don't love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself, then you are not capable of developing compassion for others." ~The Dalai Lama
Self-image is the ability to look at ourselves in a positive light. To change the things we can with the understanding that we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Look in the mirror and love what you see because there is no other out there like you.
We left this one last because it all boils down to self-image.
The key to unlocking your potential and authentic SELF is knowing what your true self-image is, being creative in your power—carving a path toward enlightenment, and honing your self-mastery. This puts you in control of your mind and the ability to cleanse the negativity one day at a time.
Miracles are manifested this way because you are beginning to release limitations and inhibitions and cultivating a much higher form of awareness within yourself.
No more limits on your imagination, worth, and your ability to master your own life. Create a flow of positive energy that surrounds you by going over this article and embracing the mantras and lessons. THIS is the fastest and bravest way toward moving forward on your life's journey. Shift happens when you do the work and the work is, OH, so amazing.
Retrain your brain and use the power of your subconscious mind by embracing your strengths and working on your weaknesses. It's up to you to pick which "self" above resonates with you the most and start there. Baby steps, you don't need to run through this a hundred miles an hour. You have plenty of time and more than that, you've got everything you need for everything you desire.
Take up as much space as you wish in this big world, because you are here for a reason and have a purpose all your own and there is nothing "small" about your future.
Self-love begins with self-care. Start your days with positive thoughts and harness the power of gemstones to manifest your destiny.
Much love from your Karma and Luck family.
Written by Nadine Christine Hamdan